If you are trying to figure out how you can determine your ring size? You wouldn’t probably get an idea about it before reading this article. If you are purchasing a ring for your engagement or someone special. It must be perfect as it’ll represent a great memory between you two. Jewelry and especially rings are the symbol of love and commitment. So without wasting any more time, let’s jump onto the topic and explain to you how to determine your ring size?
Here are three ways by which you can measure your ring size easily and effortlessly at home:-
Ways for measuring your ring size
Method 1: Determine your ring size using a string or a strip of paper
- Step 1: For the first method, take a strip of paper that should be ¾ inches wide and should be 4 inches long. You can also use a string. However, it will be difficult for you to find a string that wide. So a strip of paper will be a more convenient option.
- Step 2: Now, wrap the strip of paper around the bottom of the finger you intend to have a ring for. As you wrap it around your fingermark, the paper where it overlaps. The length of the paper till you marked it is the circumference of your ring. Now convert the inches you have into millimetre.
- Step 3:You can use a conversion chart of the shop or online store you wonder about purchasing a ring from. This will help you know your exact size of the ring.
- Step 4: If you think the bottom of your finger is thin and that your knuckle may cause a problem while you wear the ring as it is thick. It would be best if you measured your knuckles too. Now, choose a size between the measurement of your knuckle and your bottom finger. So that it can fit in your finger perfectly without causing problems while you put it on or off. this is how you can determine size of your ring easily at home.
Method 2: measure a ring you already have
1. If this is not the first ring you will own, you can measure a ring you already have and perfectly fit you.
2. Take a ruler with readable measurements on it and measure the inside of the ring that fits you well from one edge of the ring to another.
3. The measurement that you’ll get when you use this method will be in inches. So the next step will be to convert the inches measurement into millimeters.
4. Using a conversion chart of the shop or the online store you are going to purchase the ring from, convert the size of the millimeters of your ring into the size you think will perfectly fit you. And order you a perfect and unforgettable ring ASAP.
Well, these are some steps by which you get the absolute help you determine the size of your ring. Moreover, here are some more tips that will help you get an accurate measurement of your finger. You are intended to buy a ring for.
- Tip 1: measure the size of your finger three to 4 times before giving the size to the jewellery. This will help you get a more accurate size of your ring.
- Tips 2: measure the size of your finger at the end of the day when they are a bit warm. As fingers contract in the morning and cold weather, while they expand at the end of the day and when it’s warm outside.
- Tip 3: the ring of your dominant hand won’t fit on the fingers of the other hand. As your dominant hand’s finger is larger than the other one.
- Tip 4: If you have a thicker knuckle than the bottom of your finger. You are suggested to measure both the size of the knuckle and the finger’s base and choose a size in between both. So, the ring will be tight enough to stay at its place and loose enough to slide down smoothly on your finger.